Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Well, we knew we were not moving today, because of high winds still. The plan was to sleep in. I forgot to turn my cell phone off and it woke me up at 6am. BRRRRRR!! It's cold again!!!!  The first thing we did we walked up to the grocery store in the city. It's called the Market and a nice store. We found out the Nauticus Museum with the U.S.S. Wisconsin opened 12 - 5pm. Darrell & Janet, Chuck & Kathy and Wayne & me walked over for the afternoon. It cost $11.25 to get in. I'm glad I decided to go.
A little old man took this picture on the USS Wisconsin. Each chain link weights 120lbs.

It's over 900ft. long.


We had spent 4 1/2 hours in the museum, witch you can't see everything in one day that's for sure. On the USS Wisconsin, you could walk up to the third deck on the outside. It's not cleared as of yet to go down inside.
Afterward the gang of us went to a Irish Pub. They even had live music and the food was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment