Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Leaving Deltaville, VA to Solomons, MD

Deltaville Marina

We pulled out of Deltaville Marina approx 7am. It's not as cold as it has been this morning. Beautiful sunrise with mirror waters. When you leave here you have to pay close attention to the markers, or you'll run around like one of the boats we know did this morning. He said the sun was in his eyes and missed the marker. We all went around him like a parade of boats. He was taking a anchor line out with his dinghy to set and then pull himself into the channel
Run aground, Kayla

By 830am we were in 3-5 foot waves and really bouncing around. The waves were splashing spray over the sides. I made sure things were secured down below. I can't go down there now. By 9am I couldn't take it anymore and took a motion sickness pill. I nibbled on pretzels. Within a hour I felt better. By 11am we turned at Smith Point , Potomac River. Now we have following 2 foot seas. It's a lot better now, only 4 hours to go. :) to Solomons Island. I'm wrapped up in 2 blankets with Sailor. BRRRRRRR!!!! What happen to the sun?!?  By 2pm it started to rain lightly. By 2:30pm Sailor and I went below to keep dry and warm. I read for a while and them decided to marinate the steak for dinner tonight. We arrived at Solomons Island approx 2:45pm and went to the fuel dock and then to the slip. Sheet Musics was right behind us.

I cooked to night. Steak, baked red potatoes, peas and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment