Saturday, December 31, 2011

Today is the annual duchshund walk...

We were up at 6am and Wayne had breakfast at Kyle Inn. Too early for me, just had coffee, OJ. We hit the road approx 8am to head for Key West. He wanted to beat the heavy traffic. Walked down to Sloppy Joe's to  buy Sailor a new Party Animal T-shirt for his parade. Plus did some T-shirt shopping on the walk to Flemming St. for the parade at 12noon.

This year they blocked off Flemming St for the Dachshund walk. The count total of dachshunds were 227. WOW, that's lots of W*I*E*N*E*R*S.













     
































Sailor was the only one with the Sloppy Joe's shirt......Party Animal....












After the Dachshund walk a couple walked up to us and to our surprise it was Gordon and Kathy, who we met last Christmas in Boyd's Campground. We were so happy to see them. They had lost our boat card and they new if we were down we would be at the Dachshund walk.  We all walked down to Sloppy Joe's for lunch and had a great time. We went are separate ways and met up with them at Boyd's for a few hours. Good times. Will catch up with them again this week.

We did more shopping around and Wayne wanted to look for Zippo's for Norman.  We found some and I took a picture on my new phone and sent it to Norm. He called back and said with ones he wanted. The Conch Republic, Southernmost Point.













We got back to Knights Key about 9:30pm. I was so tired and plus my foot was screaming, I went to bed. Wayne woke me up at midnight to say Happy New Year. People were setting off fireworks near, but I didn't care, back to sleep. ( I'm getting old...L0L).


                  ******HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL*****

No comments:

Post a Comment