Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BIMINI, BAHAMAS

Alarm went off at 4am. Wayne took Sailor over for his walkie. Then he secured the dinghy. I tried to secure everything down below. I had gone on the computer to check the weather. Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots turning to Southeast winds 10-15 knots early.   At approx 5am we pulled anchor and motored out of No Name Harbor. It was dark and windy. I was helping Wayne locate the red and green channel markers that blink.
Looking back, Sheet Music, green & white lights in the middle of picture.
sunrise

Before we left this morning, I had taken ginger pills and chewing gum. But, by 9:30am, I had my head in the bucket. Afterwards, I took one motion sickness pill, only because, two knock you out cold. One still makes me tired.  Sailor didn't get sick, just wanted to sit in your lap. 

I was feeling better here. Big help here, huh? I wasn't the only one seasick, Kathy and Jazzy were, also. Good thing Wayne doesn't get seasick.
He's keeping Bum's Rest on course.


We arrived at Bimini, Bahamas approx 3pm. We are going into Bimini Sands Marina. That's all the pink buildings you see.
Yes, we made it here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys! We can't wait to see more photos of your adventures in the Bahamas! It's crazy windy here in Boot Key and still chilly-so you are not missing anything here in Florida! Stay safe and happy exploring!
    Pat & Walt on Waves of Grace

    ReplyDelete