Sunday, February 21, 2010

Leaving Nassau to Highborne Cay Exumas in the Bahamas

We left Nassau at 8am this morning. On the way out I had to take a picture where we stayed on our honeymoon 37 years ago this April 28th.
We walked around it yesterday. We think we were on the second level looking out to the harbor. There is a swimming pool. The whole place is being redone. The restaurant is covered in black,gold stripe canvas. (exterminator). Anyway, maybe when it's done it'll look like the Atlantis????? How funny was that, that we were in a slip right next door.

Sheet Music leaving the Nassau Harbor with us.

We had a beautiful motor sail today. You could see at least 7 sailboats behind us. About 4 pasted us going back to Nassau. It was calm enough for me to cook potatoes and eggs for potato salad tonight. Wayne also fished and caught a barracuda. It was huge, he had to cut the line.

You don't eat them. They carry ciguatera which can cause severe illness and even death when eaten.

We arrived here at Highborne Cay approx 2pm. (24* 42.5'N  76*49.4'W) We fueled up our boats before we went to our slips. We walked around the marina and took pictures and we walked down to the beach. Here are some of our pictures.......



The sport fishing boat behind us is from Cape May, NJ

The marina's beach.



Isn't this too cute!!


Ocean side
I got my coconut...where's yours???

Sailor is wet from the ocean

Ah Guys!!!! This isn't Flipper.......

These nurse sharks are really big,  least 8ft or bigger.  I've never see anything like this.  There were also some hugh fish swimming around too.




I cooked tonight, Cheeseburgers, homemade potato salad, vanilla pudding. Afterwards I went up to take a $4.00, 4 minute shower to wash my hair. Just had just enough time to rinse my body off. I felt like a speed racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment