Friday, January 6, 2012

Dolphin Research Center

Wayne took me to the Dolphin Research Center today. It was a birthday present. I just love to be around dolphins. We got here at 12:30pm. I signed up for the paint with the dolphins. I have more pictures, but the wifi here is not working very good. So, at some point I will put more up. Jax is the dolphin that painted my shirt. He is a little boy that they rescued in Jacksonville, Fla. He is all bit up, they think from a bull shark. But, he is happy here in his new home. He's all chewed up. :(



Wayne took these shots of Molly. She is the oldest dolphin here at 51 years old. Weighs over 500lbs. She was taken from the wild and trained for a road show and toured all USA. Now she's been here for 15 years. They also have two seals and rescue manatees, We stayed to almost 4:30pm. Sailor was a good boy. He only barked when the dolphins splashed with their flippers. Funny.


We were close to Fiesta Key, so Wayne had called Dale and Rodney, who is camping there. We had a nice dinner with them at the restaurant there.

No comments:

Post a Comment