Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gulf Stream


We had to go to Burdines to fuel up before we headed out to the Gulf Stream. It's only a few times a year that the gulf is close. I say 10 miles instead of 25 miles. I don't know way, the guys here say so, anyway, going to see if we can catch a Mai Mai.
It's a beautiful day. It's hard to see in this picture, but the top part is the Gulf Stream, darker blue water. We are trolling along the sea grass for fish. The water on this side is green.
This picture of the engine is in the Gulf side, the water is so blue. We have seen huge green sea turtles, which I can't seem to catch on camera.  Also, jellyfish, man-o-wars, flying fish.......Where's the Mai Mai......:(
A pod of dolphins we came upon. The leader was smacking his tail on top of the water, a warning to the others. Three came right up to the bow and were jumping around. Sailor was barking and I was trying to take pictures. Thought I had it on record, but no. So this is the one good shot I got..LOL   Do I have the luck or what......give me a brack camera.
Wayne keep trying to catch the Mai Mai, but no luck :(

So, we went to the 7 mile bridge and anchored. This is where all the guys are catching fish.  OK, so now Sailor is having a bark fest the whole time. Bark,BARK,BARKKKKK. Wayne caught a small porgy and threw it back. BARK,BARK and more BARKING. We are thinking, maybe, he  thinks we are putting treats on the hook. Where are the fish. If we had to fish to eat, we would starve... LOL. OK, we are done. Back to take out the boat.

Anyway, it was beautiful in the Gulf Stream. No fish, leftovers for dinner.

p.s. I'm done fishing. Wayne can take guys out with him. I'd rather take a ride and find dolphins and try to get them on camera.  LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment