Friday, January 29, 2010

Glass bottom boat

We woke up to a beautiful day here in John Pennecamp Park. I was tired, because, I stayed up late to blog and played games on the computer. Kathy had ask me if I wanted to go with them on a glass bottom boat ride. Sure, never done that before.  Wayne wasn't interested in going. We left here around 12:30pm. Went out the channel that we had came in yesterday. It takes 45 minutes to get to Molasses Reef, named after a shipwreck of molasses to make rum. The boat went approx 20 knots, it felt like we were flying. It was a little ruff. We walked up top in the air going out.
Chuck in with the captain on the ride out.


Chuck sitting, and hanging over the glass bottom. It was ruff, so I couldn't sit. Kathy and I are standing across and looking down.
The water was clear. Your could see the fish and coral.


Here we are heading back in. The ride was a lot better. You can see the different water color.

The harbor coming back. See our sailboats docked. We made it back by 2:30pm. Wayne and Chuck walked to a West Marine. Wayne needed a new fan for the engine compartment. It keeps it cooled while underway. Ours had stopped working. I went into the campgrounds to find the bathhouse. I needed to take a shower and wash my hair.
Around 6pm. we all walked about a half mile to the Fish Co. Restaurant for dinner. We sat outside on a porch and had a wonderful dinner.

Hey look, my eyes are closed. What a surprise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment