Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day


We slept in today. We had a blast last night in this crazy town. After I got back from taking a shower and washing my hair, I went over to help Kathy groom Jazzy. Chuck took a trip out to the Dry Tortugas this morning. He'll be back around 5pm.


First I did a little pole dancing exercise getting onto Sheet Music. This is how we get onto our boats. The bow is a foot away from the dock and the tide can change up and down a foot. The guys do fine, but, it's a challenge for us.


Jazzy getting a hair cut....


Plus a shampoo


Wayne loves taking pictures of Sloppy Joe's. I think it's his favorite one here in Key West. Looks alot different from last night standing in the street mobbed with people.


Wayne has my camera right now....more bar pictures


Oh Boy, caught me looking, I swear I didn't buy anything!!!!


We went to sit at this bar and watch the sailboats, cruise ships, airplanes and parasailers and much more. As we were here you could see a rain storm coming. So, we decided to head back and buy the tee shirts Wayne wanted. Well, we got caught in the pouring rain storm and had to duck into Wig-ums Bar on Duval St. till it calmed down. I used a plastic bag over my head to make a run back to the boat. I was soaked and cold. We turned the air condition off and made coffee.

Chuck returned around 5pm. My turn to cook. Meatball sandwiches, chip, cookies and coffee. Chuck took video of the Dry Tortugas and showed it to us after dinner. Took two and a half hours there and the same back. It was $150.00 a person, included brackfast and lunch. Wayne always wanted to go out there in the sailboat, but it's to far. The weather has to be perfect. Right now a cold front is happening and we are having up to 30 knots of wind. We are rocking so much at the dock. Thank goodness we aren't on a mooring ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment