Monday, January 25, 2010

Hours at the marina doing laundry!

Didn't want to wake up this morning, but had too. Kathy & I had wash to do. I had 2 loads, she had 4. Wayne took me over so I could get in line. Chuck dropped off Kathy's and I put her stuff behind me. She had ran up to the office. I was there at 8:45am and waited about 30 minutes for the first washer and  a few minutes later for the second one. Then had to wait more than a hour for the first dryer. One washer broken out of six. Two dryers broken out of six. The place was packed. I was done by noon. Kathy by 1pm.


That's Debbie from About Time & Kathy with Jazzy on the floor.



I had 2 loads going here.


Three washers on this wall. (Bill from Kittywake reading the paper).

Wayne had taken the propane bottle over to the gas station to be topped off for the stove, before we do the crossing. Piled all the wash in the dinghy. We had to wear rain gear, because it was so windy the water was spraying over the sides of the dinghy. Just got back in time. It started to rain hard. Kathy got caught over at the laundry room for a extra hour waiting for the rain to stop.


Just made it back. Sheet Music is on the left. It dropped at least 10 degrees. While it was raining, I started  to make potato salad for dinner. Put all the laundry away. Wayne put up a new fan in the bedroom. Chuck had given it to Wayne a while back. It runs on less amps. He's putting the old one up in the free box at the marina, with a note on it saying it works on 12 volts.

I cooked tonight, Hamburgers, potato salad, chips and chocolate pudding with cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment