Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3- 5, 2010 Warderick Wells...

3-5-2010  Windy last night. But, by early morning it calmed way down. As we were listening to the morning weather from different points, many boats here were leaving. Including, Chuck and Kathy on Sheet Music. Sad that they are leaving us, but, happy that they are taking an adventure on their own to George Town..



Wayne and Chuck talked this morning and we will be rejoining within a week or so. They pulled away from the mooring around 9:30am this morning and I took pictures and we waved goodbye and yelled have fun you guys. A total of 8 boats left here in the North end anchorage. You know the weather window is good.


Wayne and I decided to kayak around the sand bars and beaches here today. The park has four kayaks by the office that anyone can use. We packed up the camera in a plastic bag, put Sailor’s life vest on him and off in the dinghy we went to the beach. This is the very first time I was ever in a kayak. It was a little tricky at first, but I caught on fast. I have canoed before so I kind of knew how to do it. We each had our own kayak and Wayne had Sailor with him. The current here is strong in the channel, but on the sand bar it was fine, tide was going down. We went to the beach on the far side, let Sailor run. Then paddled around the anchorage. I say we were more then 2 hrs. It was fun.




I was dying to wash my hair. So, knowing we are leaving here soon, Wayne let me do it. I stood on the back of the boat and did it as fast as I could. I was fast, the water was cold. 0h, but it’s so nice to have clean hair. Then relaxed and read my book while it dried in the afternoon sunshine.


Tonight we had leftover homemade beef vegetable soup. Perfect!

conch shells in rocks behind boat.

When Wayne took Sailor for his last walkie tonight, he called me up to see the jelly fish lighting up the waters. It looks like florescent green lights in the water. First time we have seen them here. Years ago we had seen them in the Florida Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment