Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leaving Newfound Harbor Anchorage

.Wayne took Sailor for a walkie, then we put the engine up and secured the dinghy. We left Newfound Harbor approx 10:15am.

I was looking for flipper going out of Newfound Harbor and Sailor decided to be a look out also. We didn't see any. We decided last night we were going to Looe Key, Mile Marker # 1215 and do some snorkeling. As we were pretty close to Looe Key, Wayne saw a pod of dolphins.  I could see they were coming up to the bow. I hurried to the bow and Sailor followed me. It was so ruff I counldn't take my camera (I wish I could of) and hold onto Sailor and hold on myself. I just watched 4 of them swimming across the bow, only 3 feet from me. Sailor peeked over the side and saw them and barked. They stayed with us for a few minutes.  One of these times I''m going to get a picture.


This is Sheet Music rocking and rolling. Chuck is hooking to the mooring ball. Believe me, Bum's Rest was rocking and rolling, also. This is Looe Key reef approx 3.8 miles in the ocean.


What kind of species is this??? Oh, it's Chuck and Kathy!!!!! Look at this water, it's turquoise. Wayne rowed out in the dinghy with them in the water so they could go into the shallow water. It was a distance from the boat and this way if they got tired the dinghy was right there. After they were done we got to sail for awhile. It was about a 10 mile run to our anchorge.

Kathy took this picture of Bum's Rest here at Surgerloaf Key, Mile Marker approx #1225. We are anchored in 4ft. of water on the oceanside. You look out and all you see is water and sky.


Sunset in Sugerloaf Key with Sheet Music. My turn to cook tonight. Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, bread, chocolate pudding with cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment